mercoledì 3 luglio 2019

Sounds from underground/File N°75

<<Pink Steam>> has a great shoegaze sound that will make your summer days more senseful. cool melodies, hazy guitars and fuzzy sounds. love it and pass it to your friends

name of the band
Pink Steam. The band is currently just me recording in a bedroom, but I am looking to start a new project soon in order to play live. 
where are you from?
Newtown, Connecticut 
what kind of instruments/equipment you use? do you use some particular record technique? which is your method of composition?
I play on a hot-rodded Fender Stratocaster through a Vox AC15 amp. I mainly begin composing by starting with a drum loop and building up from there. Usually my process is drums > guitars > more guitars > vocals > bass. I use a lot of reverb on my guitars, and usually also vibrato, chorus, and sometimes fuzz.
What is your relationship with media and mediatic culture?
I have no formal relationship with it.
What do you think about the form of album? Is it still valid or the digital era somehow cancelled the necessity of the specific form - like Lp or Ep?
I think it is slightly antiquated. It would be awesome if more people listened to albums front to back, but if we're being honest most people don't anymore. I think that it's a good way to package songs together but I think it's easiest to just put out singles. I like to think of my first release Silver as just a collection of singles rather than an actual album. 
Where usually you find/hear new music?
Spotify and through my awesome friends who send me new stuff to listen to. I think Spotify has the best algorithms for finding new and exciting music, both tailored to you and often not what you usually listen to.
what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
I think that the main shift lately is towards local DIY bands at makeshift venues. I am not really a part of any scene right now as I simply do solo recordings and release them independently. I enjoy local shows when I can see them. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento