martedì 9 luglio 2019

Sounds from underground/File N°76

a bit of new wave air on this blog arrives with the project <<Sleepwalker>> from Phoenix. great both at the sound and vocal level. dig it!

name of the band
where are you from?
I'm Ash Barrett Lemus, the name of my band is Sleepwalker and i'm from Phoenix, Arizona. 
what kind of instruments/equipment you use? do you use some particular record technique? which is your method of composition?
The equipment I use doesn't really matter, I use whatever I can get my hands on. I record everything on each one of my songs by myself in my room. I usually don't compose in advance, its all stream of conscious during when I record. 
What is your relationship with media and mediatic culture?
I don't really have a relationship with media and the mediatic culture, I just think that our current culture teaches people to act like they have a lobotomy. 
What do you think about the form of album? Is it still valid or the digital era somehow cancelled the necessity of the specific form - like Lp or Ep?
I think that the form of an album is a really important, but somewhat lost form. LPs and EPs should be valid in this lobotomized digital era, but most people don't have the attention span and patience to listen to an album or EP from front to back.
Where usually you find/hear new music?
I usually find new music on places like YouTube, Soundcloud or Bandcamp. I occasionally find something new in a record store. I think that in this backspace century/digital era we're in, there's good and bad to music. Underground music is really great nowadays opposed to the computer  generated top 40 music, but it has always been like that.
what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
I don't feel like i'm part of any scene.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento