venerdì 4 marzo 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°024

let's talk about weird Canada. <<Young Primates>> first Ep is a bit weird but is also very listenable, in some way it could be defined also psychedelic. hope to hear the album soon, it could be the perfect album for this Spring. 

0. name of the band
YOUNG PRIMATES
1. where are you from?
Ontario, Canada
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
I sing, play keyboards, guitar, bass and my drummer Justin plays... drums lol.
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
I don't really feel part of a scene. I make music for myself.
4. which is your method of composition?
I write all the lyrics, record the bed tracks and vocals then send it to my drummer (he lives in a different town) then he sends the files back and I mix it all together.
5. how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique?
The nice part about YOUNG PRIMATES is that since it's a lo-fi project, it allows me to be able to use many different recording environments and experiment. I record everything on my own in different people's houses and find the best rooms in each house to record in.
6. do you play live? how public react to your music?
We haven't played live yet.
7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
My records are therapy for me. They help me cope with situations and let me create something positive out of something negative.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento