martedì 8 marzo 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°025

 a wonderful mesh of broken sounds comes to us from Uruguay. <<Sagabarindo Tuchela>> is a solo project of Pablo Jorge and it's something that will be loved by all the amateurs of unusual compositions. 16 tracks that will bring you completely out of mind. enjoy

0. name of the band
Sagabarindo Tuchela (in fact is a one man band)
1. where are you from?
Uruguay
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
Actually I use a lot of  "traditional"instruments like guitars, bass, kalimba, flutes etc., home made instrument, toys and many kind of objects, and also software and samples. All the things I use to make music, generally is modificated trough the recording method or with digital editors, and maybe sometimes is difficult to dinstinguish the instruments used, and this is very interested to me. I record all the music on a standard pc with a cheap micro. I want to play like a child when I play music, and you know: the children don't make themselves any problem with formalities or professional conditions, nor with  any "limitation".
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
I guess that in this times like in the past and possibly in the future, the mainstream music is generally a lie, a standard format filled with less emotional or original sounds, something like a commercial and ideological strategy customed like art. As the same time, in the "underground" there are a lot of bands or musician trying to "ascend" to the mainstream level, and really I'm so bored of this. Fortunately, there are a lot of genuine artists (not only in Internet), making new, and marvelous things, and if you seek properly you can find them. About me, I think maybe I have some familiarity with some subgenres or artists, but I do not feel the need to be part of any scene, or in facts i don't know if something like this can be now or in the future. Whatever I talk about Sagabarindo Tuchela like an underground artist of dadaist or surrealist punk noise metal, but I'm not sure if it is a definition or a joke.
4. which is your method of composition?
Before the beginning of Sagabarindo Tuchela I was in a band called "Una Verga", and in this band, basically we invented the composition methods in the act, and too using stocastic, random ways to made the songs, a little inspired by the dadist works and also the noise, or simply feeding the Zappa or Fantomas seeds in our unconscious mind until they grow. Sometimes we record without previous ideas, sumerged in something like a tribal trance or something like that, and the songs grows for themselves, naturally and so harmfully  between us (includes the disharmonic ones). I have a solo noise project called "Enantiodromia", and in that one I learn to make sever changes and sound manipulations to the standard sounds of voices and instruments, recorded in analog form. Finally, in Sagbarindo Tuchela I use to mix the random and improvised method of composition of "Una Verga" and the sound manipulation of "Enantiodromia", with a more traditional form of composition (you know, some day I wake up with a phrase, melody or idea to a song and i think "¡Wow I must record it!")
5. how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique?
A great part of the music I make is based on recording experimentation. In every song I try to change it and adapt it to what I want to do, and I have so very much approaches to explain in this moment, but basically I'm interested in record with the unprofessional form possible, using cheap, unappropriated or improvised ways, searching a lo-fi or less plane sound. In facts, I don't want to use nothing you can't use in your house and with the less money or industrial-capitalist- producers-labels dependence.
6. do you play live? how public react to your music?
Today I don't play live for a lot of reasons related to the music scene in my country. Whatever if in the future there are the conditions to play in live, I love it. But the public may not.
7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
My records are to my something so magic and hard to explain. Something like a wonderful and laughing creation born of the best of myself and a spitting out or a psychic analysis of my worst traumatic experiences.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento