giovedì 31 marzo 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°028

try to imagine an immense Danish landscape with snow and sea. then try to imagine a perfect music that reflect it and you will get <<Rostrum>>, a Lp by <<Strikkeklubben (The Knitting Club)>>. The tracks are minimal but intrigues at the same time. 
beautiful.



0. Name of the band
Strikkeklubben (The Knitting Club)
1. where are you from?
Denmark
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
I mostly use woodwinds in my music, but also some piano. My main instruments are tenor saxophone, soprano and bass clarinets. Depending on the project i also use a lot of midi programming and computer synthesizers to make my music. 
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
Music today is very easy to make, anyone with a computer and some insight into rhythm and tone can make music, that is of course mostly positive, but it also means that music can be consumed very quickly. I think that makes music that you have to listen carefully to, quite difficult to pass on to a wide audience. I make music that is very inspired by nature and wild sounds, i hope that the music i make will stir peoples imaginations, allthough i also think it is sometimes somewhat inaccessible. I don't think i fit in to any particular scene, especially because i don’t play with anybody or play any concerts or live gigs. 
4. which is your method of composition?
Most of the elements in my music is totally improvised. Sometimes i start with computer generated sounds and build a backing track upon which i improvise with my horns. Other times the ”backing track” is composed of looped snippets of improvised saxophone or clarinet.    
5. how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique?
Sometimes i record as a part of the compositional process, other times i only record as soon as the backing track is ready to bring out the best in my improvisation with my horns, i very much depends on the mood of the project that i am working on.  
6. do you play live? how public react to your music?
As mentioned previously i don’t play any live gigs, but the reactions i get from facebook and bandcamp are mostly positive, but the interest i my music is not by any means overwhelming.
7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
My music is my way of playing my instruments, i am not very good at disciplined practice and detailed study, so in order to satisfy my musical thirst, i make these recorded projects from time to time. The music i make, is music that i enjoy listening to myself, music that stirs my own imagination, therefore it is also, somewhat a small piece of my soul. 



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento