domenica 3 luglio 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°045

I love experimental pop songs like these proposed to us by <<Tedwyn James>>. and in summer I love them even more. <Mingus, You> is a Lp of 10 wonderful tracks that will become one of your favorite albums of this summer. I bet


0. name of the band
Tedwyn James is the name of the music.  My name is Choicey.
1. where are you from?
I was born in Ottawa.  I grew up in Edmonton.  I live in Vancouver.  I am from Canada.
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use? do you use some particular record technique? which is your method of composition?
Physical instruments are played and recorded:  guitars, a Wurlitzer, and an amplifier with a broken reverb tank that I still need to fix.  My recording philosophy is to place a microphone where it sounds good enough then I leave it.  I don't think much about it partly because I write, record, and revise at the same time.  Sometimes it sounds terrible.  Other times there are some pretty mistakes.
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
Music is open and fluid.  Listen to what moves you.  Play what makes you feel.  I don't think much about being part of a scene.  My friends play and listen to all types of great music so I hang out with them and learn.  I meet different people and get exposed to different sounds that way.
4. do you think that nowadays has still sense talking about "underground"?
No.  Everything is at ground level or in the clouds so it's all relative.
5. do you play live? how does the public react to your music?
The first live show will be on July 21 at an art space in town.  I've never played in front of humans before, only cats, dogs, and raccoons that wander into my room.
6. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
My recordings are uncoordinated experiences and thoughts filtered through sound.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento