giovedì 14 luglio 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°046

looking for psychedelic dream pop from Poland? try <<Lilylivered>>, her two Eps will bring you into a surrealistic atmosphere worthy of David Lynch's films. big chance to become a cult. 


0. name of the band
Lilylivered (solo act)
1. where are you from?
Poland
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use? do you use some particular record technique? which is your method of composition?
I make my music mainly in the entirely virtual realm of VST plugins, simulators, etcetera. I also play guitar which I've been using a lot more lately on new tracks. I use my laptop mic to record physical instruments and vocals, which results in a kind of sound that I've grown to be fond of, despite the frustrating quality and floods and floods of ambient noise. I do lots of overdubs and often mix tracks into oblivion. When it comes to composing, it differs, but I tend to start off with a vocal melody, often some crazy vocalization, I play keys or guitar, or just toy with sounds, looking for something that would catalyze a bigger idea.
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
To be honest, it's pretty tricky for me to think about my music in any bigger context of a "scene" – it feels very private, even though I do share it on the internet which may seem like the complete opposite of privacy, no matter how many people actually listen to you. That being said, so incredibly many musicians already write and record like that – at home, in a very DIY way – that this itself creates a kind of translucent community. And, really, as much as anyone can feel that their music don't merge with any bigger perspective, it's never really true – we are all reusing and reproducing and being inspired and being defiant towards what already exists.
4. do you think that nowadays has still sense talking about "underground"?
It depends on how you define that word. In general, I'm against the concept of genres, labels, however funny that might sound. Obviously, I know why those terms are useful and why they’re being used, but in the context of how cross-genre music has become now, sometimes it seems terribly obsolete and even detrimental to try to label everything. If you understand underground music as music that is not being commercially promoted, then, well, it's all over the place, and SoundCloud is a true underground music cornucopia. And that’s fantastic.
5. do you play live? how public react to your music?
I don't play live, except for in an alternate universe.
6. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
I started gathering my songs into EPs because they naturally began to form into little groups bound together by some particular feeling and representing certain periods in my life very vividly. The way I make music is very intuitive, sometimes if feels beyond any logic, and often I don't entirely differentiate between lyrics and music itself. And so, all my EPs, including the one I'm working on now, have very strong and very different from one another sonic themes unifying them. I get bored really fast which works for the best when it comes to music, I think.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento