domenica 6 novembre 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°58

as I truly love musique concrete I couldn't not be just amazed by the records of «Vincent Eoppolo». highly expressive, deeply moving. remarkable and obligatory.

0.name
Vincent Eoppolo
1. where are you from?
Wilmington, Delaware USA


2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use? do you use some particular record technique? which is your method of composition?
I use both old and new synthesis technologies. My compositions are following in the acousmatic, musique concrete traditions
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
I believe the greatest compositional work being done today is being created by people totally outside the mainstream. Independent artists. I do not feel part of any "scene"..especially in the US. I feel my work is more aligned with works currently produced in France and Montreal, Canada.
4. do you think that nowadays has still sense talking about "underground"?
I no longer think the term "underground" is relevant in this digital age. Everyone is totally accessible everywhere around the world via the internet. We are "ether bound"
5. do you play live? how does the public react to your music?
I do not currently perform live as the nature of my work is purely acousmatic...it is meant for listening. Projected through multi channel speaker systems.
6. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
I view my works (compositions / recordings ) as if they were short films that explore human behavior...society's realization of itself.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento