domenica 11 dicembre 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°61

all we need is sound. this was understood very well by artist who we have pleasure to present you today - Micleusanu. his experimental, electronic compositions are deeply permeated by the research of different areas of music. you can also admire his wonderful photos here and painting here
0. name of the band
My first electronic project was ”Diafragma” I start making electronic music in 2000, of course it was primitive ”sampling” stuff
 / the next project after ”Diafragma” was ”Pneumaton”. I started (in 2005) make my own sounds, using field & voice recording & the variety of programs. (in primary school I sang in children choir & learn to play piano) after ”Pneumaton” I decided use only my name for all sound projects. so, right now my project is ”Micleusanu”
1. where are you from?
I was born in Bachcisaray / Crimea (I have Ukrainian, Polish & Romanian roots) I lived and studied art (painting/graphics) in Chisinau (Moldova) & from 1990 I studied painting in Cluj-Napoca (Romania). right now I live & work in Bucharest /Romania. (I am a radio producer, writer & sound designer)

 
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use? do you use some particular record technique? which is your method of composition?
I use a variety of instruments, virtual syntesizers, granular & modular synthesizers, and also (the real) string instruments like prepared electric guitar. Most of the time I record my own voice & industrial noises (I spend a lot of time in the industrial & periferic areas of Bucharest) also I have a collection of my recorded sounds like ”accidental bowl&pan fall” or percussive experiments & I am ”twisting” this sounds until obtain some good sound landshafts.
Anyway, I use multiple steps to processing the sounds & my purpose is optaining a new kind of sounds/music.
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
I love the new directions in music and I am a big fan of ”musique concrete” & spectralism. First time I listened Xenakis, in 1996then, Ligeti and also Romanian authors like Iancu Dumitrescu and Horatiu Radulescu. After that I start listen more and more experimental music, for example a lot of artist from the ”famous list of  Nurse with wound” also I love artrock, krautrock & Japan scene. I think my composition it is getting closer to contemporary electronic music, something between post-spectral & modular synthesis.

 
4. do you think that nowadays has still sense talking about "underground"?
Of course, underground is like an ”artwomb”. Even we believe that it is difficult to make something new in music/art/film, innovations never dies:)
5. do you play live? how does the public react to your music?
Yes, I play sometimes live acoustic experimentation with guitar with effects like delay & reverb plus voice & percussion (tambourine/djembe etc etc). Public reactions is very good, we have a good period in Romania for experiments in music & arts.
6. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
My records is my research of life, love, sadness and joy:)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento