mercoledì 14 dicembre 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°62

  there's something French. something old, something new and something blue. «Toypurina» is a Mexican artist that share with us bedroom experiences. it's so beautiful that I just can't stop to listen to the record.
decisively dig it  
0. name of the band
Toypurina
1. where are you from?
I'm from Tijuana, Mexico.
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use? do you use some particular record technique? which is your method of composition?
I mostly use my guitar to write my songs and will often add effects to them with Ableton or Audacity. I've also used random objects like some rice in a box, coffee pots or boiling eggs. Sometimes I'll use my SP404 for effects on the samples I use.


3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
There's definitely a saturation of artists on the internet, since anyone can upload whatever they want. I feel I'm in that wave of kids trying to throw things at a wall and seeing what sticks. Maybe not a 'scene' but more of a generation.
4. do you think that nowadays has still sense talking about "underground"?
Just because the underground is now massive because of the internet doesn't mean we shouldn't look through it, it just has to be more thorough.
5. do you play live? how does the public react to your music?
I havent played live.
6. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
My records represent me entirely. Each song I make is myself trying to make sense of my own emotions to the best of my abilities. So, each record is who I was or what demons I was facing at the time. To paraphrase another artist, Fiona Apple described it as "taking everything in and then shitting it out" which fits perfectly. 


p.s. there's also a little x-mas surprise from  Toypurina -  these two tracks that came out just few days ago

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento