domenica 4 dicembre 2016

Images from underground/File N°015

 

works of Miquael Res will take us into the darklands. it's full of scary monsters and just beside the abyss. more fear you can find here

 

1. where are you from?
I was born in Germany, but now live in the Netherlands....to be exact, a suburb of the town of Venlo, called Blerick.

2. do you use any particular tools/materials/methods during the working process?
The tools and methods.....any acrylic paint will do. For the backgrounds I like to freak around with spray cans.....gives a cool effect, it only smells a bit funny. I paint on canvas board and canvases......never used an easel though to put the paintings on.


 

3. how is your working process?
My working process depends on the vibe......most of my works just come into life spontaneously, for some I had an idea in mind before, but the finished work might differ dramatically from the original concept. According to the size of the work the time I spend on it differs from piece to piece as well.......I only create when I am having that inspirational boost, I can not force things to happen, that is unnatural in my opinion and has not the desired result.


 

4. what do you think about the art market nowadays?
The art market nowadays......it is easier to reach more people worldwide due to the internet. Yet people often prefer to purchase an Iphone or a piece of Ikea crap over a work of art, because they just do not realize the value of having something truly unique.


 

5. do you exhibit your works? how do you place yourself in actual art context?
I exhibited some of my bigger works already.....most of my pieces are on constant exhibit online on my website though. Still want to show my art in special dark art galleries in the States, as there is a bigger market for the stuff I make than here, at the rear end of the world where I live.
Dutch television has featured me in a documentary film that will be shown on national television next year. I hope that ths film will also attract more interested people who like it morbid, so to say, hehe.


 

6. is there a common idea that go across all your works?
Shock and offend............and in the meantime enjoy every brush stroke of it, and never stop growing.



 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento