martedì 5 gennaio 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°002

 From high frequencies of noise we pass to more atmospheric and dreamy Primidivinity. Outside is cold so prepare you a hot wine, lie on sofa and enjoy these tracks.



0.Name of the band
Primidivinity
1.where are you from? 
From providence ri living in Hartford ct
2.what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
I use a microphone and an acoustic guitar and add effects with GarageBand 
3.what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
I think about the music context nowadays to be very complex and beautiful when you know where to look. "Mainstream" music is typically all the same to me but when you find solo artists or bands pouring out their soul into their music you can feel it, and that's what makes it so amazing to me. I wouldn't necessarily know where to place myself considering I'm rather knew to this but I will say that I'm surrounded by very talented musical friends that all have their own unique style and are very supportive of our music scene that varies widely.
4.which is your method of composition?
My method of composition is writing poetry or little journal entries about experiences, dreams, and feelings. Then I just mess around with a guitar until I can put two and two together.
5.how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique?
My recording technique is to record the guitar first and then sing over it on a second track. Next I just mess around with effects and add some synthy sounds in. 
6.do you play live? how public react to your music?
I've only played live for a couple of my friends and they were really surprised and impressed and felt strong emotion from it.
7.Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
Id say my little record here represents some of the emotions I've felt throughout my experience living in Hartford. The first song is just about starting to make music, the second one is about loving someone really important and different, and the third is about missing my previous home on Block Island. The actual sound comes from some of my favorite musical influences including tops, Chelsea Wolfe, and my good friend Cassie (also goes by Quietly).

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento