martedì 12 gennaio 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°005

we're back to update you about the Seoul music scene today. 1:11. they're cool so just put on the record and listen.



0. name of the band
1:11. You can read it as one eleven, or just ildaesibil.

1. where are you from?
We're both from Seoul.

2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
We're guitar/drums duo.

3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene? 
I think rock music is rather decreasing scene, while electronic and other experimental scenes have possibilities to expand. The music I like derive from very small scenes that I've never encountered in real life. Even though there're few music scenes in Seoul, I don't think I've ever met any scene which play music I really like. I owe Youtube and Soulseek, Bandcamp.

4. which is your method of composition? 
We meet once in a while and jam about 2 hrs and get 4 cool songs and forget them.

5. how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique? 
I got supported from a movie director, Chan-ki Kim, who recently made a movie called <A murder diary of the bug girl> as I made the music and audio effects in the movie. He was one of the fans of my band, and wanted to make the movie as some kind of musical experiment. We used the money to practice and record in a studio. It was Mushroom Recordings in Seoul, knew this guy for yrs, and was so sure he could record this easy as pie and he did.

6. do you play live? how public react to your music?
We used to play live once or twice in a month, but the drummer John's now at the military and can't meet him a lot. It's a bullshit for guys in the scenes to go to military and spend two yrs in military.

7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
I saw a news today that David Bowie died. This old man just had a birthday and got an album released like 3 days ago, and I thought fuck, I should get done my shit together, and uploaded the file on Bandcamp.
  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento