domenica 31 gennaio 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°012

in our tour around the world in a research of underground sounds today we are visiting Borneo. I'm glad to present you a experimental noise maker <<Theo Nugraha>>. you can find much more releases from Nugraha here https://theonugraha.bandcamp.com/music dig it!



0. name of the band 
I use my own name, Theo Nugraha 

1. where are you from? 
I'm from Samarinda (East Borneo) and now I'm living on Palangkaraya (Central Borneo) 

2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
I'm using tools like piezo, Casio keys, walkman, music toys, Nintendo DS, Circuit bending etc 

3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene? 
music will always continue grow and always appear something new. It sound interesting. I always be a part in my friend's scene 

4. which is your method of composition? 
Improvisation, emotional, and communication 

5. how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique? 
Sometimes, I make a good recording if I'm with my friend. But if I do make recording itself, It's gonna be simple because lack of tools 

6. do you play live? how public react to your music? 
Yes, I do. Whatever people thought. I ever see people are enjoyed, and there is also people are watching and then make a question "what was that?" and sometimes people think I do a sound check LOL 

7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
more or less like that. For me it's like a painting which sometimes cannot be re-paint. Then as sound documentation or moments for me and my friends. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento