martedì 2 febbraio 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°014

 a tasty noise from Argentina. <<Gripper>> offers a harsh release for all the fetishists of sound. to contemplate 
0. name of the band
Gripper
1. where are you from?
Jose C. Paz, Buenos Aires. Argentina
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
I use a dell notebook, monotron, electric guitar, sometimes bass, microphone, connected to a Tascam external audio soundcard
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
The music context is totally abarcative, its huge. You can't see all the scenes, genres, shows, the market place, the underground scene., the essence of music is in every part of the word. I see myself as a part of some underground, unknown, marginal artist from the suburbs trying to express myself, my art, trying to sharing with everyone i know, even i don't take part in any musical scene at least with Gripper.
4. which is your method of composition?
I use different types of method for every album. Every album have a different method of composition because the styles are always different so I use Ableton in a different way, trying something new. Using the machines, or recording something I need.
5. how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique?
No, I use the stuff I have and I have no much resources to make something sooo huge. I make with the things I have and the ideas for songs, records comes with the stuff I got or the stuff I can get. Thats my base for any kind of recording practice or audio practice.
6. do you play live? how public react to your music?
I never play before with Gripper, I have another band pretty much alike Gripper thats call Drones (with a friend of mine) and we played live once. I live in Cordoba, and there's a scene of noise artist or freak artist. There's a minor audience thats most of it, are musicians themselves, and people who are interested in nature of sound. Being myself one of that ''crowd''.
7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
I think Genesis, its a great referent. Aphex Twin also. I mean I take influences from the weirdest places; 133 from slipknot, mr. hands from Linkin Park. Dj Shadow (there's another project of my own called faust[°] of instrument hip hop on soundcloud :) ). Argentinian folklore.Grindcore, Cybergrind, Splittercore, Merzbow, John Zorn. A lot of Mike Patton's projects. Frank Delgado from Deftones. Dj crook. Team Sleep, Ligetti, John Cage, Sonic Youth, Johnny Greenwood, Steve Reich, Secret Chiefs 3, Lee Perry. Mad Professor, Dick el demasiado. Culture Club. I mean there's bunch of records by this artists and artists related to; and i take influence from all of these, and more i can't named all. And from circunstances of life, playing with other bands. Living, take concepts from books. movies and make something new all the time. Its something that its in constant change! 
Grossery store cover art

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento