mercoledì 3 febbraio 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°015

 there's noise in Italy. there is. for the 15th session of <<Sounds from underground>> I'm glad to present you <<DJ Crivellator>>, it's like a noise-hop, it's fresh, it's a pleasure of sound. With all the trash you can find on Internet it's better to get <<Internet trash Vol.2>>



0. name of the band
DJ Crivellator
1. where are you from?
I'm from Latina, Italy, south of Rome, the kind of place nobody wants live to I think...
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
My gear nowadays  is based on sampler grooveboxes, I started off with handheld game consoles and old computers with software sequencers on them
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
I can happily definite myself an outsider, got some serious difficulties being part in my local scene and beside this, the most of people do not make sense in music or noise making
4. which is your method of composition?
Since I am some sort of producer I'm heavily sample and groove based, I start sampling or collecting or even synthesizing sounds I like and then I am ready to arrange them in the beat form, adding vocals or freestyling
5. how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique?
I self record everything, got this old multi track recorder for vocal or noise layers, instrumentals are more often recorded live and then roughly mastered on an old laptop of mine
6. do you play live?
I am very happy to play live and look for nice situation to do so, as mentioned before local scene is not ready for  this kind of performance... local shows were sometimes totally crap, luckily there are always curious or noise enthusiasts, a hug to all of them!
7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
I record stuff for my need, I feel this urgency and then make things.. I'm completely aware that my recordings are not a fashion product and they are hardly featured in any kind of media, I used to spam on social networks all the time for instances ;)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento