giovedì 7 aprile 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°032

<<Nuances d’engrais>> is an experimental-electronic project from Belgium, whose music will give you a good trip. smashing



0. name of the band
Nuances d’engrais
1. where are you from?
This project start 4 years ago in Mulhouse in the east part of France, and continue now at Brusselles.
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
I’m using a mixer with some cheap and random stuff: looper, radio, drum machine or synthesizer, contact or headphone as microphone, guitar, effects, feedback.
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
Considering, my friends, where I’m playing or involve I’m part of the experimental or rock noise scene.
But I really want to perform also in a techno club. People are in a club to dance one drugs, and that the tricky part of an experimental dance music project, perception of the time and the space are different and the energy of the audience is electric.
4. which is your method of composition?
This music is live improvised,  wherever in the studio or during a live performance, I’m always searching.
5. how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique?
I doing improvisation with my machine, and them when I find something, I record it in one go. I never try to record again after. For the recording, I’m using both a tape cassette recording and a computer with a cheap sound card to choose witch is the best. Cassette recording give a nice distortion but some time I lose low frequency, so I use the computer to have a safety record.
6. do you play live? how public react to your music?
I’m playing during experimental, noise and alternative event, could be in warehouse, bar, flat, art space, basement, church. The people reaction depend of the event and where it take place. If is a party mood people dance, if your are playing in a space with a lot a reverberation you have to play with it, so I’m playing slower. How it is a searching process and it is experimental event, people are there for that and are listening carefully.
7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
To react to Genesis, experimental music or noise, are still experimental in the way there are product and the aesthetic the have, but it is experimental is also a genre with tips of writing, for example it is progressive to raise an uplifting experience and them finish. It is not a critic because, this experience is nice. But there is style and fashion and experimental music. After, as I said before the point is we have always to be in a searching attitude in the studio and live, for me that the point. Always being in improvisation, with fail and mistake and not in an interpretation of something, playing again and again the same stuff, because it is boring.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento