0. name of the band
1. where are you from?
Majorca and Albacete
2. what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
synthesizers, guitars, acoustic and folkloric instruments from Morocco, a tape recorder
3. what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
music industry is complicated. we self edit our projects, do a few copies and distribute them among our friends. we take care of the music, the recording, the arts, the serigraphs... we do everything by our selfs. we feel part of something. a lot of friends are doing very interesting music and visual projects. we are punks. (laboratorioszotal.bandcamp.com)
4. which is your method of composition?
I compose a sequence with my synthesizer, then Adriana play a melody with her guitar or keyboard, then we add the voice or the samplers recorded in Morocco during Ramadan and then the drums. we improvise a lot.
5. how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique?
we are in a learning process. we made a lot of mistakes and use them or learn about them and understand how we want to get to a specific place. we mix analog synthesizers, digital synthesizers, acoustic instruments.
6. do you play live? how public react to your music?
we don´t play live with this project.
I play live with my other band Zotal (zotal.bandcamp.com)
7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
what we record is the way we express what we see, live and think about our surroundings with sound. Tekna is how we processed our trip to Morocco during Ramadan and how we understand Islamism, spiritualism, relationships and music.
Tekna video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUXYdtKHXOs