sabato 2 aprile 2016

Sounds from underground/File N°029

we pass trough New Weird Russia on the train called <<Quefear>>. it's gloomy and obscure and full of wonderful sounds. 


highly recommended to all lovers of underground.  



0.name of the band
quefear.
In Spanish language “que” - “what”, so name of the band may be considered as a question “what to fear?”
Basically, my music express my fears, helps me to understand that they are temporary and there is nothing serious in this stupid cruel world that you could be afraid of.
In the Russian language the word can be read and pronounced as “kefir” (kind of fermented milk product… white, cold and tastes like a ghost).

1.where are you from?
Moscow, New Weird Russia
2.what kind of instruments/equipment you use?
In my music I use a wide spectrum of possible tools: ranging from traditional music instruments (such as piano, guitar, bass) and ending with different computer programs and plug-ins.
I really enjoy to experiment with sound. I combine strange samples, effects, weird noises (dark, obscure and nasty, sometimes frightening), add to this framework my live recordings, and sometimes mix this composition with my poetry. So as a result, I get some kind of a combination, a blend of sounds and noises transmitting my mood and maybe reflecting parts of my inner world.


3.what do you think about the music context nowadays and how you place yourself in? do you feel a part of any scene?
It seems to me that today the concept of the “music context” and “scene” is very indistinct, in the age of the rapid development of independent and underground music it may have different meanings and include different content. If we consider it in the terms of genre, maybe I have some familiarity with some subgenres, but it is unlikely that my creativity (as a mixture of sounds and some poetry) could be referred to any particular.
I just enjoy writing poems, making a kind of dark music. Mostly doing my experimental art for myself (for self-expression and maybe a sort of sedation) I don’t feel the need to be part of any scene.
By the way there is a kind of avant-garde underground scene in Moscow. They are my friends, I enjoy to hanging out with them, but I think that my art in some ways stands out.
4.which is your method of composition?
I don’t really have a particular method. My process of creating looks like some kind of drawing up a collage of sounds and thoughts. For me to compose means experimenting, improvising, manipulating with sounds and reflecting. I just think of what feeling or emotion I want to express, how it may sound outside me. I think over the idea and the concept of the track.
Sometimes I already have melody or some verse or lyrics in my head. Also from time to time I record without previous ideas: I can be in “the mood for create something”, so I start to jam on my piano or guitar, or just try to compose something on my computer, make kind of reflection of how I feel in this moment.
5.how is your recording approach? do you use some particular record technique?
I record in my house. I simply use input mic on my computer. I think it is the best way. I can experiment, can create and record at the same time, concentrate on what I want from the sounds.

6.do you play live? how public react to your music?
I haven't played live yet. Not sure I need this. But more and more often I catch myself thinking that I want to perform my art to public. I think it would be a quite strange experience for me and for them.
7. Genesis P-Orridge said "Our records were documents of attitudes and experiences and observations by us and other determinedly individual outsiders. Fashion was an enemy, style irrelevant.". What do your records represent to you?
My music is a sort of diary for me, some kind of therapy. It is parts of my inner world, my memories, my experiences. Most of the tracks are about feelings that I have, want to have, or want to forget. Experiments with sound helps me to express emotions.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento